Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Becoming More Mature




On July 22nd 2003, My grandfather passed away. This date just so happened to be my birthday too. I guess you could say my tenth birthday wasn't so great. I still remember this day and how everyone was so sad. I also remember saying "today is my birthday, where's my cake?" right when I arrived to my grandparents house. My mom quickly covered my mouth and no one said anything. I knew that my grandpa had passed away but I thought it was my birthday and I should be able to celebrate it. As I sat next to my parents crying I realized life isn't always about you. This was the day I became more mature. At the age of ten I didn't think I could fully understand how the world worked but on that day I did. This was the beginning of my spiritual journey as well. I knew the Lord had taken my grandpa but I didn't know why. I knew God did it for a reason though and I should be thankful for the times that I did spend with my grandpa and never take anyone for granted. This event will always be a very emotional part of my journey and I will never forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment